Sunday, May 13, 2007

Letters from The Sea - Part VII - Corsica

Hi all

One more sleep and I'm home! Of course, now that the weather has settled into marvellous mediterranean sunshine, I'm kinda sad to be on my way home. But I think the feeling will only last as long as I'm on land. As soon as I'm on board again I'll be ready to tear my hair out...

Anyway, once gain sipping capuccino, this time in the pretty little town of Ajaccio on the island of Corsica. Only french place I've ever been served within a minute of sitting down, and quite liking it! The ship is berthed right in town, about a half a minutes walk away,so no shuttle bus hell, and it looks quite pretty with the mountains of the interior looming behind it. Unfortunately my camera battery just died and I didn't bring my charger...

Anyways...

Not much to tell about Corsica except that the men are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I've always gone for skinny white boys, but ten months of screwing a Turk may be changing that. The young men here are swarthy and dark with really striking features. And it seems they turn into really characterful old men. Not very friendly, mind, but let's not forget they ARE technically French. Oh, and apparently Napoleon was born here. Would love to settle into a nice ocean-facing restaurant for lunch, but the ship sails at 1PM in a last-ditch effort to pump money out of the passengers. Tomorrow is Palma and a changeover of punters.

I've met some pretty decent people on this ship, I have to say. If I was staying on board I've identified a couple that would definitely have become close friends, and plenty more that'd be more-than-acquaintances, but seriously, I miss you lot! And the best people I've met (also more my age) are the director and two other people involved heavily in the production shows - and they're all based in London! Micha Borghese is the director (he did the airial show in the Dome) and his resident director and costume designer, with whom I've shared a number of bottles of wine, live in East and West Dulwich respectively, so about 5 minutes from me.

So, off to see if I can find somewhere to send this from...

Lots of love
Dxxx

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Darryn,

Is this you? It looks like you in the pictures.... but you've got curly brown hair-and when we knew you it was bleached white and short. SO if this isn't you plesae ignore this- but if it is..HELLO chicken! its kate- of kate and tom- remember the old days of ashtray avenue/the mission/crazy danny/? We have been hoping to find you as we are coming back to London briefly in July and would love love love to catch up and see you. We are currently in Hong Kong- but coming back to that side of the world (first time in 8 years can you believe it?) for a wedding- Tom's brother's in fact. Anyway, if this is you chickadee- email me Katiechicken@hotmail.com.
technology is amazing ain't it?

 
At 7:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

d

 
At 1:41 pm, Blogger Shudder To Think said...

Hay my cuz you need to start writing again.!!!! miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home